As one of Canada’s largest and most diverse construction and infrastructure development companies, we recognize the value women bring to our industry. The Aecon Women in Trades (AWIT) program is dedicated to helping women lace up their boots and kickstart their careers at Aecon.
The AWIT program is led by Aecon Utilities, a leading utility solutions provider offering innovative, nationwide construction services in the areas of oil and gas, telecommunications infrastructure, and power distribution networks. We are proud to offer women career-building opportunities in the trades through hands-on training, mentorship and field experience.
The AWIT Program includes:
- An introduction to Aecon, our industry and the Utilities sector
- All requisite health and safety training
- Valuable job-specific skills training
- Preparing for work on-site and job-readiness training
- Information on career paths in construction